rufrdeenes(+34) 968 19 50 45
Mon - Fri 09:00-14:00
Contact Us
rufrdeenes(+34) 968 19 50 45
Mon - Fri 09:00-14:00
Contact Us

What types of VISA provide legal residence in Spain after Brexit?

There are different visas that allow non-EU citizens to obtain a Spanish residence permit without having Spanish nationality.

Golden Visa or Investment Visa

The investor visa, also known as the Golden Visa, is a residence permit in Spain designed to attract foreign capital. Foreigners wishing to invest a minimum amount of €500,000 in real estate in Spain, or €1,000,000 in Spanish company shares or deposits in Spanish financial institutions can apply for the Golden Visa, that allows the applicant and his/her family to get a residency and work permit.

Non-Lucrative Visa

The non-lucrative visa is the ideal visa for those who want to retire in Spain and have sufficient financial means to live in Spain without working.

In 2022 these financial means can be:

  • Either savings in the amount of €27,792.96 for the applicant and €6,948.24 for each member of the family accompanying the applicant
  • or monthly income in the amount of €2,316.08 for the holder, and an additional €579.02 for each family member.

Investors with business projects and entrepreneurs visa

Aimed at investors who present a business project to be developed in Spain and which is considered and accredited as being of general interest, as well as for those who plan to enter and stay in Spain for a period of one year for the sole or main purpose of carrying out the preliminary procedures to be able to develop an entrepreneurial activity.

An entrepreneurial activity shall be understood to be one that is innovative in nature and of special economic interest for Spain and, to this end, has a favourable report issued by the Economic and Commercial Office of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Digital Nomads visa

The Spanish government is developing a new visa for digital nomads that it is expected to be approved in 2022. This digital nomad visa will allow foreigners to work remotely for foreign companies and reside in Spain without the need for a regular work visa.

Student Visa

The student visa incorporates the authorisation to stay and entitles the foreigner to stay in Spain for the purpose of carrying out one of the following non-working activities: studies, research activities, student mobility programme, non-working internships or voluntary service within a programme that pursues objectives of general interest.

Residency for a family member of an EU citizen

European Union citizens who decide to reside in Spain may also apply for residency for their direct family members, including partner, ascendants or first-degree descendants, even if they are not EU citizens.

Family reunification

This is a temporary residence permit that may be granted, by virtue of the right to family reunification, to non-EU citizens who are family members of foreigners who have resident status in Spain.

At Imont Legal Services we will help you throughout the process of obtaining the documentation, making the application and obtaining the relevant documents.

For more information visit us at or contact us for an appointment to discuss your particular case at


Related Posts

Need Help? Chat with us
Please accept our privacy policy first to start a conversation.