The BOE of 20 May publishes Order SND/421/2020, of 18 May, adopting measures relating to the extension of stay and residence and/or work permits and other situations of foreigners in Spain, in application of Royal Decree 463/2020, of 14 March, declaring the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID 19.
The following extensions and measures are established with respect to foreigners in Spain, due to the COVID-19 health crisis:
- All temporary residence and/or work permits and residence permits are extended for 6 months if they expire during the state of alarm or within 90 days prior to the date of the decree of alarm. The effects of this automatic extension will end when a decision is taken to renew or extend it within the usual procedures.
- Community family member cards and long-term residence cards are extended in the same way.
- Short-term stays are extended for a period of 3 months.
- All foreigners whose documents have expired during the State of Alarm while outside Spain may enter Spanish territory with a valid passport and an expired document.
- Absences from Spanish territory due to the impossibility of returning by the Covid -19 will not be counted for the purposes of continuity of residence.